@Home and DHCP

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Dec 19 14:51:51 CST 2001

Seasons Greetings all,

   I just got @home installed yesterday. They would install to my
"lenix" box. The technician has a copy of Linux but hasn't installed it
on any of his machines yet. Anyway I digress. I powered up my laptop,
and booted Windoze, dusted off the desktop icons and let them install it
on that. After they left, I did a little tweaking and got my laptop and
my home server to connect via static IP and routing table entries. I
could not make it work with DHCP. I remember that this was a topic some
time back, but don't have the patience to scan through the archives
on-line. Could someone tell me again how they did it? I mean it is
working now and I get speeds ranging from 66kb to 200kb with the static
routes, so it is not a major issue.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Densmore
<mailto:densmoreb at ctbsonline.com>