Software Developed Under GPL

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Mon Dec 17 05:37:25 CST 2001

Sounds like M$-FUD has got the best of this friend of yours.  "Open source is
a virus that could destroy the commercial software industry.  Therefore,
congress should outlaw it."  As long as he doesn't use the actual source of
an open source project, he doesn't have to open his own source.  Even if he
opens his source, he can still sell the product that is based on the open
source, just like the distos do.  I agree with D. in that he should read the
GPL, or at least read something other than M$ spin.

Peace,
Jim