ease of use debate

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Dec 6 15:01:45 CST 2001

I think it's unlikely that anyone will ever make money, or so much as break
even, trying to beat Microsoft at it's own game.  Trying to do a "dumbed
down" prepackaged, preconfigured, smooth, simple, easy desktop "for dummies"
is their strength.  Why waste effort trying to imitate what they do best?

I sincerely doubt that the Open Source development community has the
discipline to refine, smooth, and polish software until it's as slick as the
stuff from Redmond.

Where our strengths lie are in power, intelligence, and flexibility - areas
where Microsoft consistently looses.

Let's play to our strengths, and not wallow in the mud with Bill.