XP Performance

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Thu Dec 6 14:38:16 CST 2001

Trust me, I don't like M$.  I'm forced to use their products at work.
 Actually, right now I'm not running *ANY* M$ products at home, but I am
looking to reinstall Win98.  I'm not spouting M$ sales hype, I'm talking
about my experiences with both OS's.  Why do we use Win2000 on our
workstations?...because Linux it too difficult for non-techs who just
want to powerup and download E-mail.  The premise for Linux is great,
and I think it will eventually usurp Bill Gate's market share, but
asking your Grandma or even your mom to "./configure; make; make
install" is too much.