EULAs (Was: Re: XP Performance)

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Wed Dec 5 21:40:36 CST 2001

    [...]
>common sense in the business world that you can't hide part of the contract
>from the client until after the sale is final. That would be like buying a
>car, and as you're ready to drive it off the lot the salesperson says to you
>"You can do anything you want with the car you just paid $30,000 for except
>drive it."

It seems to me that yhe XP clause having you agree to accept any
changes MS sees fit to install removes the ability to depend on any
other clauses not being changed after you have installed and been
running for some time, like whatever MS thinks is a resonable
"lifetime" being the point where deactivation occurs.

Such a one sided "contract" seems overreaching to me and therefore
should be null to begin with.