XP Performance

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Wed Dec 5 01:57:23 CST 2001

>them know I'm there.  The worst part is I reinstall my PC and change
>hardware all the time, and this will require me to call a support phone
>number to get a new key.  MS says that they will have this 24/7, but
>that will only last so long, or the call wait time will increase to a
>point that I just don't install it, or I go buy a new copy.  That is my
>complaint over XP.

The EULA for XP has you agreeing that you will allow them to "upgrade"
any of your software at any time without notification or approval by you
at the time.

So when they decide that it is time for you to pay for whatever is to
replace XP they can just "update" a few DLLs so it no longer boots, you
have already given your permission.