PHP

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 30 05:24:48 CDT 2001

Certainly, just treat it like any other script where you specify the
interpreter program:

$ pico test.php
#!/usr/bin/php

<?php
echo "testn";
?>

$ chmod 700 test.php
$ ./test.php

test

$ exit

It's a little slow to start since the whole interpreter needs to load
into memory and start, but it's usable for small things.  Apache preloads
PHP so it doesn't take much time to launch...

You may want to look into Python or Perl as well, they are more typically
used as a scripting language.

HTH,

	Tony

P.S. Baby Hammitt release 1.0 (codenamed Ivory Margaret) shipped Monday
night at 11:54, 8lbs 4oz.  Features include beautiful user interface
but sort of slow response time.  Tends to stay in sleep mode most of the
time but uses a high pitched alert sound when activated.  Primary
developer Dawn was quoted as saying "Ouch!".  Development continues on
adding new features like staying awake long enough to eat...