No subject

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at home.com
Sun Aug 26 01:16:10 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Monty Harder" <lists at kc.rr.com>

> 8/25/01 3:40:51 PM, "Franklin, Joel" <JDFranklin at moheck.com> wrote:
>
> >>One thing you might want to remember when defending yourself: Shoot
> >>Kill.
> >This is bad advice. Someone is going to ask you what you were trying
to do
> >when you violated that poor dead criminal's civil rights, and you'll
have to
> >say that you wanted to kill a man; this doesn't sound good. So never
try to

>   You don't admit to it, but when I used to manage an arcade and had
off-duty KCK cops work security weekend evenings, one of
> them told me that cops always shoot to kill.  There are several very
good reasons to do this:

>   1.  Dead perps can't tell their side of the story, so yours is
accepted by default.
>   2.  If you shoot to wound someone and miss, they can still return
fire and kill you.  If you fire at center of mass and
> miss, you're still likely to hit =something= that might at least mess
up his aim.
>   3.  If you think it's OK to shoot to wound someone that you are
=not= justified in killing, and you end up killing them,
> you're in Deep DooDoo. - You don't fire a gun at =anything= you don't
intend to kill.
>   4.  If you do turn out to be unjustified, a wrongful death judgement
costs you less money than the medical expenses of
> your victim for 40 years on The Machine That Goes Ping.
>
>   The trick is to =say= that you were just trying to stop him.  And
once he falls face down, you'd best not pump a half-dozen
> more rounds into his back -- that doesn't look good.

Now that is a little more along the lines I was trying to get across.
If you shoot, shoot to kill, you might still only graze or wound, but be
prepared to kill.   They are trying to kill you, right!  THis all makes
sense when it's not so hypothetical and the guy is standing in front of
you.

Brian Kelsay