Lilo and 2.4.9 problems

James Edgar Twilley grimjack at blitz-it.net
Sat Aug 25 17:29:37 CDT 2001

Hello all,
  I just downloaded and built a 2.4.9 kernel, it all went entirely too well.
The problem comes when I  try and run lilo after moving the bzIImage file to
the boot dir and then modify lilo.conf and then run lilo.  It says...
Added linux
Added vmlinuz249  (this is my new kernel)
Added dos
Fatal: No images have been defined.
  When I reboot my new info does not show up and it boots back into the
production RH 7.0 kernel.
my lilo.conf file is a s follows:
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
default=linux249-1

image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
	label=linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda2

image = /boot/linux249082501
	label=vmlinuz249
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda2

other = /dev/hda1
	label=dos

  The machine is a Duron 800Mhz, SIS 6326 video, and a 30 Gig HD.  It has win98
SE loaded on it as well.  Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.

  --
In the wild there are no dumb lions, tigers or bears.  Only humanity not
only allows, but subsidizes, the continued existence of the stupid.