Weird Video

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Aug 20 18:54:08 CDT 2001

Well, thinking it was a BIOS config issue (on top of the 3D Pro AGP being a
POC issue), I tried changing the different settings that could affect video
(like timing, RAM speed, shadow, etc). So far no luck. I figure with all the
possible combinations it should only take another 200-300 reboots to exhaust
all possibilities (sarcastic grin). Tell me more about the sync rate issue.
Now realize the video is usable for the most part (all three resolutions
640, 800, 1024 all in 24 bit color), but there are random color changes
wherever the cursor/mouse goes. I will also try to set if for a default VGA
screen and see what I get. I'd like to be able to make this work so that I
could create and post a howto make SiS 6326 work (then I'm going to go out a
ATi Rage card).

Thanks for all the ideas,
Brian