Apache Set-Up

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Aug 17 14:51:54 CDT 2001

I would recommend a pair of good PCI NICs on an ASUS or ABIT MB. Both my
ABIT and ASUS MBs work flawlessly  with Linux. I have constant hangs with my
FIC and Epox. My Old Matsonic also worked ok, but not as good as ASUS and
ABIT. My recommendation is to get the best MB you can afford. Check out
http://lhd.datapower.com/db/searchproduct.cgi?_catid=1
<http://lhd.datapower.com/db/searchproduct.cgi?_catid=1&orderby=7>
&orderby=7 and scroll to the end to get an idea of excellent MBs for Linux.
And http://lhd.datapower.com/db/searchproduct.cgi?_catid=4
<http://lhd.datapower.com/db/searchproduct.cgi?_catid=4&orderby=7>
&orderby=7 to get and idea of NICs. My personal preference if 3COM 3c905 PCI
running in 100MB full duplex.