Installing on a Laptop

Jim Herrmann b3d at kc.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 04:44:22 CDT 2001

I plan on installing Linux on an old Thinkpad 365XD I have.  It will be
used by my 9 yr old daughter most of the time.  I have the Red Hat
distro, but was thinking that Mandrake might be a better one to get her
started with.  Any thoughts on this from the group?  Also, the internal
CD-ROM is broken, so I have a Bantam Backpack CD-ROM.  I was planning on
bringing this outfit to the meeting tomorrow, but since that was a brain
fart, and the meeting is next week, I will try to make it to the meeting
next week to do this install.  Is there anything in particular I should
bring, or will we be able to get this install done by just bringing the
hardware, and perhaps a blank floppy?  Someone will have the Mandrake
8.0 install CD, right?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
Jim Herrmann