Mandrake & Oxygen

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Fri Aug 10 12:53:10 CDT 2001

I have recently purchased a 3DLabs Oxygen VX1-16 AGP video card and was
trying to install Mandrake 8.0 on my system.  The problem that I am
having is that I cannot do a GUI install as the screen goes completely
bonkers (Yes, that is the technical term :) ).  I can do a text based
install, BUT the text install does not seem to give you as many options
as the GUI install does.  It makes a lot of assumptions for you(i.e.,
file system, etc.) as the GUI gives you these choices.  Here is my
question:  Will an expert install allow me to use an updated XFree86
driver for my particular video card, or am I stuck with doing the text
install?

Gene