XFree86 Question

Benjamin Gall ben at bensonlaw.com
Wed May 31 19:38:17 CDT 2000

I had the exact same problem.  In this release of X the xfs command line
options are different.  I ended up getting a xinit script from a friend
who runs ROCK linux, were X 4 works in.  It's just a real simple
script.  I have included it in this email.  Maybe it can help you.  Now
here's my problem with X 4.  After I got it installed and working, when
ever I would click and drag something in X it would have this
semi-transparent block around it.  It almost seems in this release that
X less supports my card.  Or maybe there's a configuration option or
something...  Well any help would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks,

benjamin