XFree86 Question

Gene E. Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Wed May 31 13:10:41 CDT 2000

	I am running XFree86 4.0, and I am having a problem with the xfs font
server.  Every time I run it, it just hangs and never does anything.  When I
installed XF86 4, it adjusted my rc scripts to run it with the correct
commands, but when I boot my RH6.1 system up and it gets to 'Starting xfs',
it just sits there.  I finally had to enter the Interactive boot mode and
answer NO to 'Start xfs?'.  I looked at the man pages, both on the system
and on the XFree86.org website, but they did not help much at all.  Is there
any need for me to be using xfs at all anyway?

Thanks,

Gene Dascher
Systems Developer
Multi Service Corp.