new to Linux

Jason Fruge geocajun at technogeeks.org
Wed May 31 06:51:53 CDT 2000

> Guys, I'm quitting the list.  I really can't see that I can offer anything
> that the "gurus" can't.  And I'm getting quite tired of the element in this
> group that can't answer a simple question without adding a snide little
> remark to make the person who asks it feel stupid (Watts) or blows the
> topic way out of proportion in a sad attempt to show off their technical
> virility (Bell).

Chris, I am sorry that I helped contribute to your leaving the list, I
have only been a member of this list for a short time and the little
flame war I was a part of, was in bad taste. I am familiar with dst
systems (ever hear of Van Kampen Funds?) and I have no doubt that you
are a very technically capable person. I hate to see good people run off
like this.

kclug, I owe you guys an apology too, at the time I felt like I was just
trying to help someone and I was being challenged for it. In retrospect
I realize I should have ignored the comments that were made. Linux
survives because of the community that backs it, so long as groups of
Linux users argue and fight with eachother, new users who see this will
run away.

Like I said I am new to this group but this is the 2nd email from kclug
where people were saying that were leaving because of the flaming and
the unwelcome environment.
I hope this isn't a pattern because a name like 'kclug' attracts a lot
of new Kansas City Linux users who are expecting a community that helps
eachother like other LUGs they read about.

--
Jason
geocajun at technogeeks.org

Don't Drink and Park, Accidents Cause People.