new to Linux

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue May 30 19:41:43 CDT 2000

At 10:06 AM 5/30/00 -0500, you wrote:
>You can't leave now, you just started a flame war. :)
>
>Seriously though, I tend to agree with you.  Not just with this list,
>but with just about any of them.  The linux community would do well to
>take to heart the Linux Advocacy-HOWTO.
>
>Sam

Welcome to the wild west of open email lists and no leadership.  The web
site is languishing, the linuxfest will be here without any real direction
so far.   Eh -- seems about par.  I'm on several automotive lists and none
of them have the attitudes and that shown here.  Guess what -- we don't
have any spam either!

If I had more time I'd be more involved, but I'm already spread thin enough
as it is.   Perhaps someone could benchmark some other LUG's and come up
with the best practices from them and implement them here.   It seems an
awful shame to have all this knowledge and "one-up-manship" going on with
no real results.

-- Bradley Miller