Fax Program

Michael Procter procter at socket.net
Thu May 25 22:50:36 CDT 2000

"Gene E. Dascher" wrote:

> I sent a message last night but is never came through, so here it is again:
>
>         What is a good fax package to use for Linux?  I would like to set up a
> program so my wife can "print" to the fax modem from StarOffice.  I have
> looked at efax a bit, but would need to write a front end to interface with
> StarOffice, and right now, I just don't have the time.
>
> Thanks,

I've been using HylaFax http://www.hylafax.org/ for a couple of years
with excellent results.  We use it to fax advertisements for bids to
contractors, usually sending out 200 faxes at a time.  It seems to do a
better job than our previous software, winfax on that other OS.  SuSE
features HylaFax and has some nice add on utilities.  HylaFax was
developed at SGI, but I think it's GPL'ed -- it's mentioned as free
software on the GNU home page.
--
Michael Procter
mprocter at mlug.missouri.edu