New to KCLUG

Rocky McGaugh rmcgaugh at atipa.com
Fri May 19 16:31:25 CDT 2000

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Benjamin Gall wrote:

> Hello one and all...
> 	My name is Benjamin, and I have been using linux off and on for a
> couple of years (but now it's pretty much all I use).  I live in the
> Kansas City area.  And I will hopefully be at the next kclug meeting...
> But until then I have a question about a sysinit script that I wrote.
> It's to use samba 2.0.7a.  After I wrote it I did a "chmod +x smb", then
> when I try to run it I get the error "./smb: No such file or
> directory".  Why am I getting this? I have attached the script to this
> e-mail... Any help would be very appreciated.
>
> 								Thanks in advance,
>
> 									Benjamin Gall

first off, welcome to the list..:)

for your script, the error message most likely reflects a path
problem in one the progs called by your script. those would be
very hard for someone else to diagnose while not on your system.

have to double-check the full path of each program called by
the script.

also make sure you're root..:)

have fun,

--