Commerce Bank

Chris Hoelscher MoHoel at bigfoot.com
Wed May 17 13:37:27 CDT 2000

What's this on the java stuff?  Can you give some details?

In the short-term, I use Commerce from Linux.  What I found is that when you
first try to sign in, they "check" to see if they can verify cookies, which for
whatever reason they cannot (non-M$ format?).  However, if you go to the page
to send them an email, after you fill out the form and hit "send", they don't
"check" to see if they can set a cookie, they just attempt to do so, and of
course it works (if you let it).  Then, you can sign in just fine.  I've found
that this cookie lasts as long as your session of Netscape, so as long as you
leave your browser open, you can come back and back and back.  But, once you
end your browser and re-start it, you'll have to send an email again.

I don't bother filling in all the fields, just the required ones.  Of course,
my message each time is "Just a Linux user setting a cookie...."

Chris H.

Check out my very own online Nature's Sunshine e-commerce store!
http://www.herbalhelpers.4the.net

The Rules Have Changed...Get Paid to Surf the Web!
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=GSQ205

Subject: Re: kclug - Commerce Bank
From: Pat <pert at tas-kc.com>

I have heard of a lot of problems with NS java tell it to use Linux java
and it works better.