What tape drive would you recommend?

Brian Kelsay ripcrd6 at worldinter.net
Thu Mar 30 20:17:24 CST 2000

Has anyone gotten a HP 8GB tape drive to work under Linux.   The drive I
have uses an IDE interface, would I need any special drivers for it or will
I just mount it like anything else?   I have the drive installed, but
haven't played with it.   Under Windows 98 and NT it doesn't work (driver
problem likely), but worked in the Windows 95 system I pulled it from.

I've only worked with floppy interface tape drives before.   The software
would always recognize the drive.

Brian Kelsay