Skeleton in Linux closet?

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Mar 22 06:07:48 CST 2000

At 07:13 PM 3/21/00 -0600, you wrote:
>The author of this article has no understanding of the
>open source movement or of linux.

Yes, I agree to a certain point . . . but the point of the article was to
say that WallStreet is having second thoughts about it and when they do the
vehicle for getting the software to the masses is in jeprody.   Yes, Linux
is free . . . but who is going to pony up the $$ for ads to run against
Microsoft.   They ain't gonna switch just because it's here folks.   If
people (IT people) see no money being invested they'll wonder why and then
turn tails on it.   If XYZ product was vastly superior but didn't have any
money to advertise even . . . would you want to place a lot of faith in it?

Yes, this does go against the open source theory of operation.  But it's
still to date just a theory, it's working but how well it will work in the
future will remain to be seen.  This is new territory -- you can't point to
a business model and see anything that like this.   That's what I picked up
from the article.

Bradley Miller, Programmer/webmaster
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri office