Meeting info

Dustin J. Decker dustind at zandura.net
Mon Mar 20 22:35:48 CST 2000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Brian Kelsay wrote:
> I have some giveaway items from Redhat that we can have a drawing for and
> we need a discussion topic.  I was thinking about Security in Linux as that
> is something on everyone's mind lately.   I saw a list of Linux seminars
> that SGI was giving around the country and at almost every location they
> are discussing security.   So everyone bring security questions and think
> of something profound and security related to say.   See you there.
Now that I've returned to school full time (while also working full time)
I haven't the time to attend meetings during the week.  At any rate, on
the topic of Security, I would recommend to anyone who wants a good
working knowledge of how to secure their Linux box a wonderful book from
Prentice Hall, "Linux System Security - The Administrators Guide to Open
Source Security Tools".

It's co-authored by Scott Mann and Ellen L. Mitchell.  Scott Mann
currently works for SGI, specializing in Linux systems, and is most likely
involved in the training they currently provide. :)
Dustin

 A certain amount of opposition is a help, not a hindrance.  Kites rise
 against the wind, not with it.