Test from my Linux box . . . .

Chad.LaFarge at ercgroup.com Chad.LaFarge at ercgroup.com
Fri Mar 17 16:54:00 CST 2000

I know this sounds unnecessary, but I had trouble with my win98s getting on
with TCP/IP and NetBEUI until I added IPX/SPX.  This should not be needed,
but (oddly) it was suggested that my Linksys cards were "weird like that",
and I "had to".  It makes -no- sense, because you're not actually using
IPX/SPX in a workgroup, but it -did- fix my problems.  Go figure.

Chad LaFarge
Midwest Consulting Group
ERC, IT Training and Documentation

"Y2K showed that, despite all the other evidence, mankind can face a
long-term, abstract crisis, one with a hard deadline but unknown risk, and
rationally decide to spend half a trillion dollars on it."

-Alex Pournelle, BYTE.com