Samba -- the urge hits me again

Dave Parker dlparker at dlpinc.com
Thu Mar 16 13:59:36 CST 2000

I've always enabled plaintext password support, so I don't have any
direct
experience with the encrypted password support, but since I'm going to
be
running my own firewall with a DSL connection soon I'm going to have to
start using encrypted passwords.  Other than that issue and some
problems
with earlier releases, I've found setup to be pretty simple.  You really
should dig through O'Reilly's Using Samba, though.  It's definitely
worth
the price, but you can access the online version at:

    http://us1.samba.org/samba/oreilly/using_samba/

Chapter 9, Troubleshooting Samba is especially helpful, but the entire
book is certainly worth having.  If you'd like to get by with just one
Samba book, this is it.

--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc.  -  dlparker at dlpinc.com  -  www.dlpinc.com
(816) 540-5167/voice   (816) 540-5218/fax  (816) 405-3762/mobile