Samba -- the urge hits me again

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Thu Mar 16 13:14:18 CST 2000

Every so often I get in this kick to use my Linux boxes for more than 300
watt room heaters.   (They do nicely at that . . . 6 PC's in one room . . .
ugh!)  I decided to go head to head with Samba again.  I downloaded the
latest and greatest for my Red Hat 6.1 box and decided to see if I could
make a go of it.  I can see the box on my Windows Explorer in Win NT 4.0 --
I just can't seem to connect properly.   I've stood on my head and tried
just about everything short of wacking the encrypted passwords on my NT
box.  I'd rather not do that.   Could anyone offer me any hints as to what
I'm doing wrong?  I've been through parts of the checklist at samba.org and
it's looking like it's a username/password issue.

Let me know!

Bradley Miller, Programmer/webmaster
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri office