For JOY!!!

Chad LaFarge chad at clafarge.com
Wed Mar 15 17:04:13 CST 2000

First... anyone know where I can get a decent monitor- cheap?

Now, the main attraction:

We just ordered my wife a new PC!!!  OK guys, this is the plan...

Current config:

Mine
    Dell 400PII
    Dual Mandrake 7/Win98

Wife's
    Quantex 350PII
    Win98
    HP CDRW
    HP DeskJet 952c

Network
    Roadrunner to Cable MoDem
    Cable MoDem to 10/100 Hub
    Hub ties Win98 Workgroup together between Mine and Wife's

NEW PLAN

Mine
    Dell 400PII
    Dual Mandrake 7/Win98

Wife's
    Dell 700PIII
    Win98
    HP CDRW

Server
    Quantex 350PII
    Mandrake 7
    HP DeskJet 952c

Network
    Roadrunner to Cable MoDem
    Cable MoDem to Server NIC 1 acting as Gateway and Firewall
    Server NIC 2 to 10/100 Hub
    Hub ties NFS Domain together between Server, Mine and Wife's

If only Roadrunner would give me a static IP =(

Anything I should know?  Oops... Condensed list of the -GADS- that I'll need
to know?

Uh-oh... she's starting to ask about an iMac... could be trouble.  Trouble's
over, purchase is MADE!!! <GLEE>

Chad LaFarge