New Guy...

Mike Coleman mkc at kc.net
Mon Mar 13 00:30:42 CST 2000

"Dustin J. Decker" <dustind at zandura.net> writes:
[...excerpting...]
> There will continue to be proprietary systems in the future.  Some will
> radiate from Redmond, others will not.  They will all have their own best
> interests at heart - with little or no concern for end user satisfaction.

What he said.

When dealing with corporations, I always try to ask myself

- Should I trust these people, based on their past behavior?
- Do they act with integrity?
- Will their actions be good for me, my company, and society, in the long run?

If the answers to any of these questions is 'no', why deal with them?

It always amazes me to see the kind of crap that businesses (and individuals)
will put up with from rapacious/arrogant/fascist vendors, particularly when
other alternatives are available.  If the *government* treated them this way,
they'd be howling...

--Mike

--
Any sufficiently adverse technology is indistinguishable from Microsoft.