KCLUG-Website

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sun Jan 16 04:54:34 CST 2000

I'm not quite as biased about what you use to update the site -- it's a
simple matter of deleting some "generated by" tags to pacify those
squealing the anti-Microsoft antics.   Personally, I find Homesite
(actually I use Cold Fusion Studio) to be a must have for doing sites --
it's easy and has all the tags (including PHP with a new VTM) that I need
in my daily work.  I can preview instantly, and moving/updating things is
even easier with the integrated FTP client new to 4.5.  (Sort of like
WS_FTP Pro -- you now can access your file areas as links in your windows
explorer.)

But anyway, the main focus shouldn't be splitting hairs on how it's done,
but what's on it instead.   The KCLinux.com page is an excellent start, and
I think the KCLug page should focus on more interpersonal help and guidance
with information on meetings and such.  There are ?? bazillion pages of
links or how-to pages . . . but an area to share info or even contact each
other between meetings, have live chats . . . you get the picture.  There
should be a way to subscribe/unsubscribe yourself to the mailing list.
Lots of little things could be picked up and put in here and there.

That's just my .02 cents worth . ..

-- Bradley Miller