Samba and Linux

RMinear at amctheatres.com RMinear at amctheatres.com
Tue Sep 7 17:07:11 CDT 1999

I spent the good part of the weekend working on Samba connectivity between
my Linux server and my Windows 98 boxes...

First: some background...take a look at
http://www.byte.com/column/hands-on/BYTE19990901s0011
It is a fairly good beginners article on what we are trying to accomplish.

Two:  It is kind of hard to understand (at least for me), because of the
different ways that different Windows OS's handle password encryption (Win95
vs Win98 Vs NT 4.0 Pre SP4 Vs NT 4.0 Post SP4.)

Once working, it works great....

I will spend some time putting together a short how-to for newbies....if
anyone is interested.

Rich Minear
Sr. Network Admin
AMC Theatres
rminear at amctheatres.com

"Changing the way the world sees movies!"