Abetter solution to cookie handling

Ed Allen eallen at waddell.com
Tue Sep 7 16:52:12 CDT 1999

Andrew Thompson - Subject: Cookies, a better fix (1999-09-06 18:41:30)
      Don't link your cookie file to /dev/null, just do this...

      I have a site that stores a couple of cookies that I allow to happen. But, other ones, I
don't keep. Kill the cookie
      file and go to the sites you want to store some cookies for, and let those get set. After
that, chmod -w
      ./netscape/cookies.txt and walah... you can even turn on receiving, setting, etc of cookies
without warnings,
      and at the end of the session, netscape can't write to the cookie file so nothing is kept.