Linuxfest.net

Tommie Giles tom at kclinux.com
Fri Dec 31 16:24:09 CST 1999

Hi, just wanted to throw this out to the kclug group and tell me what
you think.

I also help out Paul and Robert at www.KCLinux.com and we were talking
about perhaps getting in touch with the people at Linuxfest and make
up a "Installfest" and help new users get their systems configured and
loaded with Linux. (Might have to narrow down the distrbution choices
to one or 2 so we all know how to load them well and get the systems
up and running as quickly as possible.) Is anyone from KCLug
interested in helping out in this? Also, if the people making the
plunge have friends that are curious, we might burn some copies of
DemoLinux at www.demolinux.org and pass them out, too- but that's just
an idea I'm throwing out on the table, too, to guage interest.
If you're not good with Linux, then fine! We can use organizers,
people to cut demo cd's ( we will have to, of course, send a copy of
the distrib home with them, so it might be cheaper to get a 50 pack
and burn some copies... Gawd, I love the GPL!) and just gophers and
support. This would be a great way to get the word out in the
community about Linux and  getting people to try it out. I imagine we
would be targeting the home user and small business user with this
installfest.
I have to stress, this is just a guage of interest and we have not
contacted Linuxfest.net about it, just a test of interest from you all
to see if you would like to join us in it.

On a side note, kclinux.com just became a linux.com partner and
they're rotating our button a few times an hour. Stop by www.linux.com
and the buttons are on the lower left side. Keep hitting refresh for
an hour or two and you'll see them! :) Thanks again to Robert for
coming through with the buttons and the great design!

Have a great new year and let me know what you think about Linuxfest!

Dies_Irae
tom at kclinux.com

On 12/28/99, 7:08:10 PM, Altona Duston <hald at sound.net> wrote regarding
kclug - Linuxfest.net: