Roadrunner on Linux

Paul paul at kclinux.com
Tue Dec 21 13:42:21 CST 1999

As root, edit your /etc/inittab file. Go to where it says id:5:initdefault: and
change the 5 to a 3. You will have your command line back upon bootup.

Paul

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Thanks to you all, I am up and running again in Linux.
>
> A note to other Newbies.  A year ago I spent about a
> week just trying to get Red Hat 5.2 up and going.  I
> don't blame the product I am sure the fault was my lack
> of knowledge.
>
> This time I got Mandrake 6.0 from Cheapbytes and was
> able to be up and running with no problems in about 4 hours.
>
> However I did make one mistake.  I told it to automatically
> start KDE on startup and now I can not turn off KDE.  When
> I log off KDE it takes me to the KDE login screen which only
> allows me to go back to KDE or to shutdown the system.
> What do I have to edit to get back my command line?
>
> Dana

Visit http://www.KCLinux.com for Linux help

Linux is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends.

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]