Inherited sick dual Pentium

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Fri Feb 27 20:36:58 CST 2004

You can do quite a bit with the diagnosis tools on a Compaq SmartStart CD.
A server that old would probably need a pre-5.5 version of the disk.  If
you don't have access to one of these, I might be able to help you out.  I
might also be interested in buying the box if you don't feel like dealing
with it.

- Kevin

             "Brian Densmore"
             <DensmoreB at ctbson
             line.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "KCLUG (E-mail)" <kclug at kclug.org>
             owner-kclug at kclug                                          cc
             .org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Inherited sick dual Pentium
             02/27/2004 11:27
             AM

I just inherited a Compaq Proliant 800 (gutted mostly).
Our tech guy doesn't recall what is wrong with it. Says
it boots, but has some issue. Anyway, is there any one
out there that can do component level analysis? Or
point me in the direction? I've never done an analysis
of as complex a device as this. We're talking about a lot of
gates! If I can make it work it'd make a great little
webserver. Dual PIII 550s, only 64MB RAM though.
Anyone got an old scope they don't need/use?

Thanks,
Brian

"Three OS's from corporate-kings in their towers of glass,
Seven from valley-lords where orchards used to grow,
Nine from dotcoms doomed to die,
one from the dark lord Gates on his dark throne
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie.
one OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
one OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Redmond where the Shadows lie."    john thrum