Linux Useablity

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Feb 27 17:40:43 CST 2004

Yep! Have this problem everytime I have to reconfigure CUPS.
On the interesting side, while I was nmap-ping [wink] my new
server (yes, I'm debugging my firewall rules) from home
running ethereal I noticed my desktop advertising the CUPS
shared printer on that machine (only to local LAN machines).
Oh yeah and while we're ranting, what's with the man page on
tethereal? YIKES! How many pages is it? I gave up after about
30,000 lines. While I'm on the subject of man pages, anyone know
how to navigate in them other than up/down/scroll xx lines? I
suppose it's a vi interface? God, I hate vi! I need a beer.

Brian

Programmers don't listen, especially about printers. That's
a hardware problem. Go get a *#!@%~^ BOFH. ;')