MoveOn's "Geek Organizer" Online Job Fair

DCT Jared jsmith at datacaptech.com
Fri Feb 27 18:29:46 CST 2004

>I thought you might be interested MoveOn's "Geek Organizer" Job Fair.

Nope. Not interested.

Some geeks dilute their technical ability with the social skills
required to organize other geeks, and other geeks simply
refine their technical ability, knowing that among geeks,
power rests in those most technically competent, not in
those who are social, political, and therefore relatively ignorant.

-Jared

<rant>
I spent about a decade trying to change the world through
politics and things like "geek organizing" then i discovered
a much more efficient means of doing the same thing: become
very very good at programming, and let that proficiency
cascade outward.

after you learn how to organize geeks, you're welcome to come
organize me, but i warn you, it will be like organizing chaos;
as long as you waste your efforts organizing me you cannot
see that i'm already organized.

p.p.s. i look at things like Geek Organizer Job Fairs as
a front org for the FBI to do a Cointel project on my turf.
Or if it ain't the FBI, it's them dangol Scientologists, who
have more front orgs than even they can count...

C'mon, organize away.
</rant>