[OT] Interesting almost-free ISP: Access-4-Free.com

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 27 16:10:58 CST 2004

GroupWise also doesn't thread messages properly,  only about one deep and looks funny.  I type
pretty fast in the standard hands position.  It's a combo of touch typing and looking at the
keyboard.  I ten-key purely by touch because of a past job.  I can also type one handed like you
describe since my hands are individually large enough to span the standard keyboard.  I took typing
in high school, but was never very fast.  It wasn't until I started using email that I got really
fast.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Leo J Mauler <> 02/26/04 04:45PM >>>

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:33:22 -0600 "Brian Kelsay" <>
writes:
> Sorry about top-posting, I hate doing it, but as I've noted before,
> GroupWise leaves something to be desired.  Missing is an option to
> indent and use ">" on content one replies to and the option to wrap
> text at x number of characters (e.g. 72 as is the standard).  So
> nearly all my posts come out looking funky no matter what I do.  I

I grew up with the late 80s BBSes.  There were terminal programs which
could do the ">" quoting, but I found a terminal modem suite which
included not only a terminal window, but also a text editor, background
file transfer window, and calculator (and unlike many other terminal
programs of the time, it came with built-in ZModem!  Oooo!).  It did not
do quoting, so I kinda have it hardwired into my brain how to move my
hands very quickly to add ">" marks in whatever number and placement
necessary for proper attribution.

The really funny thing is that I type really fast using a method which
has been described as "really fast hunt-and-peck", which makes switching
to a non-Qwerty keyboard almost impossible for me.