Interesting almost-free ISP: Access-4-Free.com

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 27 16:03:08 CST 2004

Which would explain why the system admin at my former employer got a call at 2AM to remove a virus
infected PC from the T-3.  The loser PC Tech that is still there, was attempting to test a new OS
image.  He never did believe in patching Winders w/ the latest and updating virus prot. software on
fresh machines.  Thought it was a good idea to drop this baby in the server rack on a Friday
afternoon before going home.  I can't tell this story enough.

Guys like this are part of the problem when they should be part of the solution.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Gerald Combs <> 02/26/04 05:32PM >>>

IMO service providers should be happy when people put their stuff behind
a NAT device, even if they do use a little more bandwidth.  A couple of
computers protected behind a SOHO firewall will cause far fewer
bandwidth headaches than a single virus/spam vector sitting directly on
an exposed connection.