[OT] Interesting almost-free ISP: Access-4-Free.com

DCT Jared jsmith at datacaptech.com
Thu Feb 26 15:10:00 CST 2004

Top posting is fine, unless you have more than a couple of quoted
comments; then it needs to be put in chronological descending
order because it gets too complicated.

$sql  = "SELECT text,timestamp FROM tblPreviousPosts ";
$sql .= "WHERE Subject LIKE '%$subject%' ORDER BY timestamp DESC";

:)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:33:22 -0600, Brian Kelsay wrote:
>Sorry about top-posting, I hate doing it, but as I've noted before, GroupWise leaves something to
be desired.  Missing is an option to indent and use ">" on content one replies to and the
>option to wrap text at x number of characters (e.g. 72 as is the standard).  So nearly all my
posts come out looking funky no matter what I do.  I do however want to post from work, but
>for now it will be top posting unless I find some hidden option to do proper indention/notation.
 It is the only way to be clear that certain comments are my own.  If the post is short I
>manually add the ">".

Top posting is also useful if you are agreeing with the person who
originally wrote, and simply articulating their point with more detail.
You're then essentially including their text as a footnote, saving
time for the people who are already familiar with the thread.

-Jared