Interesting almost-free ISP: Access-4-Free.com

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 08:03:29 CST 2004

I'm with Comcast and I was never given a terms of service or signed a contract.  I bought a cable
modem (router) back when they were $100 at my junk store for $60.  I set up my network, nat, hubs
etc. ran the line outside, and went to Comcast for a service line drop.  They tellers didn't know
what I was talking about, they summoned a tech, who started with the normal; You need Windows or
Mac and need to be present,  I stopped him there.  I told him your not touching my Network,  I am
all wired, but I have no drop.  I am running Windows on 1 box, Linux and Unix on others.  He asked
me a couple of basic Linux questions and then told the teller that I needed a service line drop.
He then said he was messing/learning linux and was rather impressed.  I was up the next day!