A shell script question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Feb 24 19:48:47 CST 2004

Nope, wasn't running Tripwire or any off-line scanning tools.
It was my first server, and I just wanted to see what kind of
attacks I would get and how secure a default "secured" setup
would get me. It'd still be intact had I been more religious
about maintaining service updates. So the bottom line here
is the a decent Linux hardening tool (Bastille) is pretty darn
good, but only as good as the maintainer ensuring that timely
updates are done. Which made the server immune from most likely
any but 0 day hacks. Now I plan on putting some real stuff on it
and want to crank up my security a bit to make it worthy of a
commercial implementation. The first one was really just a honeypot,
that took the black hats 4 years and lax maintenance on my part to
crack.

Brian