knoppix kernel question

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Feb 24 17:32:23 CST 2004

Actually I'm looking for one to download.  And I'm having to burn on my work burner.  I can open
the ISO w/ WinISO to look, but can't open the compressed filesystem to see kernel version.  As far
as I know the knoppix isos are all 700MB and I have 650MB CDRWs.  So far I have found one
University site that has the v3.1-2003-01-20-EN.iso available.   If I want to mount the ISO and
look at it, I'll have to do so with a LiveCD I have here.

Brian Kelsay

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:55:49AM -0600, Brian Kelsay wrote:
> For any knoppix users on the list:
>
> Can anyone tell me what kernel is on 3.1 and 3.2 or whatever version you have?

It sounds like you have the ISO, but it's just too big to burn. Well,
mount it and look at it. You can tell what kernel is in there.

My (oldish) knoppix install runs 2.4.20-xfs

-Andy