Determining flags used to compile

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 20 20:04:46 CST 2004

Capt. Obvious back again.
I read some of the mails at the mail archive link I sent you.  I searched for compile flags and
makefile separately.  Now I don't know about freeradius specifically, beyond what it does, but
surely you, being an admin, can figure out more than I.  There are cli options one can add to the
compilation of freeradius.  One I read had to do with the type of database used and it's location
(local or on another server and the path) to hold the authentication info.  I'll pull it back up.
see this:
./configure --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql --with-mysql-lib-dir=/usr/local/mysql/lib
--with-mysql-include-dir=/usr/local/mysql/include

and this:
check whether your "rlm_sql_mysql.*" had been created or not.
If not then you need to go to:
/usr/local/freeradius-0.9.1/src/modules/rlm_sql
then run:
./configure --disable-shared
make
make install

The original admin may have used one of those handy items.  So ask yourself, what database do I use
and where does it live and is that addressed in the existing makefile.  You may just have to start
from scratch.  Did you think about making an image of the server and copying it to the drive of the
new one as prev. discussed in this list?  Or possibly using dd to move the whole thing over, as
some are so fond?

Brian Kelsay

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 13:19, Leo J Mauler wrote:

> The original source and makefile (the makefile edited by a configure
> script) may still be on the original server, and the makefile would have
> all the original flags still in it.  Check the file dates to make sure
> that the makefile was modified (relative to the other files in the source
> directory), either by a programmer or the configure script.

I thought the Makefile would have that info but when I looked in it it
did not specify a particular directory even though freeradius is not
installed in the default directory.  That made me question whether this
Makefile would work or not.  So if it IS the original Makefile, I can
just copy it to the new server and skip the ./configure right?