c# or PHP?

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Feb 20 14:22:00 CST 2004

<snip>
While I don't like what M$ does with stuff like this, from a technical
standpoint .NET make a lot of sense. It also is something that I think
will win out in the end if Linux/Java/OSS doesn't come up with it a
comparable technology. It will make coding much faster and less painstaking.
When it is all said and done the guy who can do the best job in the shortest
space of time will win. It's a historical fact. In my opinion C# is M$'s
solution to take Java to the next level without using Java. Of course part
of C#s speed and functionality come from the fact it is tied into the OS.
So a successful Linux.NET is likely doomed from the start. At least to some
degree.