Proxy of some sorts

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 20 14:17:45 CST 2004

If you can set up a VPN from their location to your's and then direct their web traffic thru your
firewal/NAT/proxy.  The proxy is not the important part, it's the NAT.  That is the one to many
relationship.  Only problem might be that you may only be able to have one user login per IP
address.  Depends on what the website and your user id allow.   You will probably want to set up a
completely separate box for the VPN stuff.  If it is just one or two, you can add the service to
another box, but with security you may not want to risk it.  Example: Do you want your corp.
webserver running on your firewall?  Or do you want to store financials on the webserver?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:00:38 -0600 "Steven Schermerhorn"
<> writes:
> I am wondering if someone knows of software
> out there that will help me accomplish something.
>
> We are a subscriber to a website that grants us
> access to it based on the requesting IP address.
> I would like to allow staff to logon to the intranet
> and then 'trick' this website into thinking it is
> serving one of our IPs when in fact it is a user
> off-site.
> I realize this can be done by setting up a proxy,
> however setting people's computers up to go
> through a proxy isn't an option. Is there software
> out there that can redirect/proxy websites.

Brian Kelsay