Mobo recommendations

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 17:31:14 CST 2004

I don't know if its too old for warranty, but without a sales receipt,
etc. I doubt that's an option (its an IWill XP333-R board, only about a
year and a half old, purchased online).  And trying to hassle with
sending it back to the factory, etc. might just be more trouble than
its worth, cuz I'm sure there would be a charge, plus shipping, etc...
might be close to what a newer board would cost.

As for reprogramming the BIOS chip in a stand-alone programmer I can
only say "Huh?". I certainly don't have that kind of equipment or
expertise! :o)

I have written to IWill tech support, and *should* hear something back
"within 5 working days". In the meantime, I'm using my girlfriend's
computer - only a viable solution for a very short time, plus I still
have an infected hard drive (that crashed everytime I tried to run a
virus scan on it) to deal with, etc. etc. That's why I'm thinking
installing a new mobo might be the fastest remedy. (Maybe someone would
be willing to buy the old one pretty cheap?) Its a darned good board,
with about every kind of overclocking capability you could want, 4 IDE
channels, etc. if anyone is into that kind of thing.

As for documentation to deal with this issue, there doesn't seem to be
any. Hopefully IWill will have something encouraging to say.