Mobo recommendations

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 16:25:24 CST 2004

It seems my system picked up some kind of a "bug" (despite my running
AVG anti-virus program). In trying to rid myself of the problem (which
had my system crashing at random) one of the things I did was to
download an updated BIOS and flash it (which I have successfully done
in the past). Now when I try to boot up, nothing happens. No post,
nada, zip, zilch. Sooooo... I guess I've fried something beyond
recovery. (If anyone has suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.)

Anyway, I'm thinking a new motherboard might be the only answer. I have
an Athlon XP 1900 processor, and wondered if anyone has suggestions for
a good board with built in Raid (used just for extra controller
capability, not for a Raid array) that's not real expensive. I've heard
good things about Asus, but would like some input on what/where to buy,
if anyone has any wisdom to share. (besides don't flash the bios)

Thanks in advance.
Rusty