Slackware install question

Russell Starr rstarr at kcpeople.net
Thu Feb 12 18:42:10 CST 2004

That sounds wierd... have you tried fooling around in a shell on a virtual
console?  See what is mounted, maybe try manually mounting it and
specifying the directory that the install files are in. (eg.
/mnt/cdrom/slakware)  What type/interface is the external CDROM? (usb?)
You could try to create a boot and root disk that fits your hardware.

If all else fails, maybe install it from NFS.

-Russ