Question on at and atq commands

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Feb 12 16:48:26 CST 2004

This will probably sound stupid, but I thought that at was only used on floppy linuxes because it
is small.  I've only really set up scheduled jobs w/ cron.  Are at AND cron normally installed on
desktop and server default distro installs?  If they are both there, then I haven't been paying
attention.  What is the difference between the two, as far as functionality?

Brian Kelsay

>>> Jason Clinton <> 02/12/04 09:57AM >>>
cat /var/spool/at/atspool

atd seems like a really inadequate piece of software, though. I wish
there were a version of cron that did it all.