newbie help needed

Bennett, Joe remailer at ka3nam.com
Thu Feb 12 02:19:04 CST 2004

Hi, my name is Joe and I am located in Olathe.

I am running SuSE 9.0 and am looking for someone to help me through a few
questions...

I originally installed SuSE about 4 weeks ago and everything worked just
 fine. I started poking around and eventually got my sound cards gooned up.
 Being a windows user I performed the deed normally reserved for the times
 the issues cannot be figured out, I re-installed the OS. Now my sound card
 problem is fixed, but I am having trouble compiling a few programs that I
 used to have running. When I perform a ./configure I get error messages that
 state that needed libraries are missing when, in fact, (according to YaST)
 they are installed... Kinda stumped on how it found them before, but after
the re-install the libraries are not able to be found....

Anyway, that's my story... Thanks for your time!

-Joe